Wednesday 21 March 2012

IATEFL Glasgow Online: Day 3 - A Round of Events!

Link
Day three is almost over already and the buzz surrounding Glasgow is still as exciting as ever. Viewing some of the events online, reading all about the fun activities via Twitter, doing some CO12 book editing, turning the compost heap, sorting out embed codes, shooing away chickens, trying to work out why Twitter's layout has gone a bit mad, and fending off cats have all kept me rather busy today.

How I wished I could have picked up a few complimentary scannable chocolates from the Macmillan stand today!! Full image in all its glory here. I was kindly sent some virtual choccies after I tweeted a message to Macmillan!

Owly Images

The Round
I viewed a great video interview today with Lindsay Clandfield and Luke Meddings, the founders of a fabulous new publishing initiative called The Round - "an independent collective of creative individuals in English language teaching".

I support the round

A second video I watched was an interview with Willy Cardoso. Before viewing the interview, you should read Bruno Andrade's great summary and feedback of Willy's presentation today.

Glasgow OnlineLink

You can also read what the other 53 Glasgow Online Registered Bloggers are writing about. This is an incredible number of active bloggers reporting and giving feedback about this amazing conference. This list has grown since the last time I looked when there were only 20 names or so. I believe you will be able to get a very comprehensive picture of what IATEFL Glasgow Conference is all about by popping in to any of their sites!

If this isn't enough, then I've just discovered a great Scoop.it of blog posts on Glasgow IATEFL Bloggers curated by Emma Heath.

Professor Diana Laurillard's Plenary
You can find out more about Professor Diana Laurillard from this site here and learn about the Learning Designer and Tel (Technology Enhance Learning). The title of the Plenary is "Supporting the teacher as innovative learning designer."

I will definitely be viewing this video again as soon as I get the chance. I only caught part of it this morning, and I really liked what I heard! The ToonDoo cartoon I have created shows some of the key points that I noted.


UPDATE 03-05-16
The IATEFL videos unfortunately cease to work after some time has passed, so I have had to sadly delete them all.  I feel this is a great pity!
Janet



4 comments:

blog-efl said...

Great summary, Janet! Today's plenary speaker was Diana Laurillard - you can read more bout her here: http://www.lkl.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=127

Sharon Hartle said...

You're doing a great job of covering the conference, Janet :-)

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Graham

Thanks for popping by. Yes, I'll defnitely update this post with more information about Diana Laurillard. Thanks very much for the link

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Sharon

That's very knd of you to say so. Congrats on your talk at #eltchat Symposium! Sounds like it went really well from the tweets I was reading today. Great job all the team!