Wednesday 18 January 2012

#30 Goals Challenge: Me Manifesto



Thanks to the incredible Shelly Terrell for inspiring me to take up this challenge from her wonderful #30 Goals Challenge series.

My very simple "Me Manifesto" is as follows. The principles basically remain the same as in 1979 when I first started teaching in Madrid, Spain.

I would like:
  • To enjoy my job.
  • To help students achieve their aims and realise their dreams.
  • To do the best I can.
  • To give 100% and then some.
  • To listen to my students and take action.
  • To work not only for my students, but with them.
If you wish, why don't you take a few moments to reflect on your own personal ideals, and create a Me Manifesto as well? It could be as simple or as sophisticated as you like. :-)

It would be lovely if you were motivated to do this reflection.

For more inspiration, you could also pop across to Brad Patterson's blog, where he has invited his readers to add a quote that defines your teaching style.

If you read all the very interesting quotes in the comments section, you will see that I used the metaphor of a captain and a sinking ship. I wrote this comment before a particular incident regarding the stricken Concordia hit the news recently!!

I still stand by my quote: a good captain should always lead his crew by example.
Link

4 comments:

Brad said...

Merci 4 the mention, Janet. Love the comic. Going to have to check out that site. Cheers, Brad

Unknown said...

Simple but effective and a great manifesto for any great teacher! Thank you, Janet!

Janet Bianchini said...

Dear Brad

Thanks for popping by. I am sure you will love Pixton comics. I think comics add an extra dimension to blogging and it's something that I am really keen on! I look forward to viewing your first Pixton comic :-)

Janet Bianchini said...

Dear Shelly

Thank you so much for commenting on my manifesto. Yes, it is very simple indeed, but it says all I need to say!!

Thank you for all your continuing support and best of luck with your fabulous #30 Goals series, which will help to inspire thousands of teachers across the globe :-)