Tuesday 5 April 2011

Don't Miss Out! Join IATEFL Brighton Online Now!!

Brighton Online

The excitement is beginning to mount. I have joined Iatefl Brighton online and so now I can keep up with all the action. Wherever you are in the world, if you can't come to the IATEFL Brighton Conference this year, not to worry!! It takes place from 15th - 19th April. The programme includes over 400 workshops, talks, panel discussions and symposiums. The presenters come from over 60 countries!

Take a comfy chair, and view all the thrills and spills of this huge international conference in the comfort of your own home. You can keep up with all the Twitter updates here. I look forward to joining in the discussions and to seeing members of my lovely PLN in person in Brighton.

Comic created with www.writecomics.com

I had the great honour of moderating the Harrogate Online Learning Technologies Forum last year, and it was a fabulous experience. There were some great discussions on this particular forum and I started one off called "Facebook or Twitter- which do you prefer? This topic was quite popular!

Although I was at home in Abruzzo, I felt as if I was taking part in the conference, because there were so many discussions, interviews with presenters, and live streaming going on that it was really exciting and action-packed.

I still can't believe I'll actually be there in person this year. Presenting at a major international conference like IATEFL Brighton is a dream come true.

I love Brighton and there is so much to see and do in this vibrant city on the coast!! I look forward to walking up and down the historic Brighton Pier! I might even bump into one of the readers of my blog there. Please do say hello if you recognise me.

Image source from this site here

If you are going to Brighton, here's Macmillan's "Cheeky Guide to Brighton" Youtube video, which gives you lots of information!!



Embedded below, are directions on how to get from the Brighton conference venue to Macmillan's famous Onestop Rocks Party! Maybe see you there??

2 comments:

Martin Sketchley said...

It would be great to finally meet you Janet at the Conference. I will be there helping IATEFL as a Steward. I look forward to posting future blog posts about the experience and meeting like minded individuals. Just over a week till the event starts and I can't wait.

Janet Bianchini said...

Hi Martin

Yes, same here! It will be lovely to meet you in person along with other members of our shared PLN.

I will know who to ask for help now if I get lost! Stewarding should be fun!!

I look forward to reading your future blog posts.

See you soon!!