Friday 6 March 2009

A new era

An urgent call

Life as I know it changed forever last Wednesday when I received an urgent call from my family in the UK. My beloved mother had been involved in an accident on her bike and she was in ICU at the JR Hospital in Oxford. I got on the first plane available from Abruzzo Airport and rushed to see her. Since then, I have been near my mother as much as possible and she is gradually showing signs of progress. I hope and pray that she will make a good recovery.

The end of the dream?

At the beginning of the year, I told you I had no idea what 2009 had in store for me. Well, I now know that this year is going to be a tough one for me and my family. My dream life in Italy will be reassessed as the weeks go by.

A long, dark tunnel

Life is very worrying and unsettled at the moment and until now I have not had the time nor the energy to contribute to my blog. Of course, I would like to continue writing, but I feel as if I have entered a rather long, dark tunnel. I hope that over the coming weeks, my mother will have the strength and will-power to pull through this dificult time .

When the going gets tough, the tough get going

I have always liked the saying above. It's time to see if it is true.

No comments: